One of my most favorite apps of all time is the Entertainer. A simple concept,
you purchase an app (previously a book) that lets you use Buy One Get One Free offers for certain businesses around town. One standard offer, no frills. The majority of outlets are for food, along with some salon and spa deals, hotel night stays, and some recreational and service offers. This is why, one of the first things I did when I moved to Kuwait was look for the Entertainer. For Dubai residents it is a staple; most people I know have used it for years. We renew it religiously, and we tell every new resident about it.
In Kuwait however, the Entertainer is relatively less well-known. They have a limited number of outlets compared to other places, and even fewer of them are well-known places. But, I have purchased the app for two years already and have renewed for a third year. I think you should too, and here’s why:
- It is relatively cheap – in Dubai, the app costs AED 495, which is around 40 KD. That is a lot of money for trying out a concept you might not be familiar with. In Kuwait, the app costs 10 KD until the 30th of November, and 15 KD after.
- Buy it now and you get to use it in 2017 as well – if you buy the app for 2018, all the vouchers for 2017 will also be available to you. So basically you can earn back the cost of the app in free meals even before you hit 2018!
- Monthly offers – there are certain offers that appear monthly or for a few months in a year. These offers are UNLIMITED until the vailidity period. So you can use upto four vouchers (so four people out of 8 eat free!) every single day. The next day, your four vouchers are ready for you to use again!! For example, this year, they’ve had a monthly offer on TGI Fridays since July, so I went with the girls the other day and only paid 20 KD for 40 KD worth of main dishes. And we can do the exact same thing today.
- Home delivery – I’ve been using the Entertainer for about 8 years, and this is the first time ever that they have introduced the feature of home delivery! Imagine, you get to try new restaurants or order in from your favorites from the comfort of your home! A lot of us are usually alone for lunch, and we can’t realistically go somewhere and order two dishes. But we can definitely order in for lunch and dinner. Or for guests. Or just because we don’t feel like going out in Kuwait’s terrible summers. This is a game changer guys.
- Hotel night stays all over the world – included in the Entertainer are offers for hotel stays in lots of major holidays spots like Turkey, South Africa, Malaysia and pretty much every country in the GCC. And not just any hotels, they’ve got the good ones like the Fairmont, Marriott and others of their caliber.
- You can send vouchers to your friends – so you’ve got friends visiting Kuwait, or you don’t have kids and you’d like to send over your Fun City vouchers to a friend, you can do that too. All the other person needs to do is download the app for free. They don’t need to purchase anything. Now how is that for being a friend in need?
- The more we buy, the better the app will get in the coming years – obviously, the more popular the app is, the more outlets will want to sign on and be a part of it, which means more and better quality offers for us in the long run. In Dubai, lots of huge names are part of the Entertainer, like Chilis, Nandos, tons of fast food outlets, lots of popular brunch and buffet outlets, Ferrari World, Wild Wadi, you name it. Here, there are admittedly fewer of them, but this is my third time buying the app and I can honestly say that it’s improving every year. This year they have TGI Fridays, Olive Garden, Dunkin Donuts, Burger & Lobster and Sakura among the popular outlets. At the very least, you will definitely get your money back! Best case, you get to discover new places that you might like, for only half the price.
- New outlets are added throughout the year – so there’s always a little bit of excitement. What are they going to add next?
- Super easy to use – lastly, I love how easy it is to use the app. All you need is a phone that has the capability to download apps and you quickly create an account with your unique pin. Every time you’re at an outlet you click on it, type your pin and the outlet will type theirs. That’s it.
Oh and in case you’re wondering, I get absolutely no benefit from promoting the Entertainer. I just really believe in the product. I’ve been using it for 8 years, 2 of them in Kuwait, and I love how economical and fun it is. Have I convinced you to give it a shot? 😉